Blogger Widgets

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Contest Entry 4!

Sorry I missed this one!
By Solace Utara

Down. That’s all I could think of. Gripping Annabeth’s hand tighter than ever, I tried to put my thoughts together and mentally prepare for what’s below. As the wind whistled past my ears, I would have liked to say I had a deep moment of revelation. In reality? No. All I could think of is AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Then, suddenly, I had a vague feeling of déjà vu. Then I remembered. On my first quest with Annabeth, I fell like this too. Thoughts passed through my head, each none more than a tenth of a second. It was like I was seeing the Fates again, with my life flashing before my eyes.I am not going to die. I couldn’t see Annabeth in the dark, but I could somehow tell that she was terrified for us. But despite that, I could somehow feel through her grip that she was happy we’re together again.I am too. “I wish Jason was here,” Annabeth said abruptly. “He could have flown us out.” Despite everything, I laughed and pulled her close. I can feel her shaky grin. For a moment, there were just us, no troubles, like we’re not falling through a pit to hell, like we would see the sun rise together next morning, like the gods would be nice and help us. It doesn’t matter that we’re both bloody and dirty. While holding her, I was just thinking that it was extraordinary that we’re still falling. That’s when the pain starts.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's shorter than I thought it would be without all those paragraphs :P You didn't have to post it; but thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...