Blogger Widgets

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Contest Entry 1!

The next few posts [today] will be the other entries, in no particular order.
Again, I didn't change anything.
From Ivana Geromino
 
The Tour of Tartarus.

Annabeth:

I wake up to find pain all over my body, especially around my broken ankle. But falling into Tartarus doesn't hurt as much as I suspected, but I move around enough to see that I actually fell onto Percy. My stilt that I made earlier is still connected, but of course all the bubbles popped. The place we were in reminded me of the Grand Canyon, and the other's adventures. The floor was way too hard, with stones the shapes of skulls. The area around me too was filled with weirdly shaped rocks. So every time I tried to turn and check on Percy, my whole leg felt like there were sparks of fire running up and down it. But when I saw my bag that fell through the floor along with Percy and me, I end up swearing in ancient Greek because all the ambrosia spilled out. So I wobbled over to Percy to see if he has any.
But every time I try to wake up Percy, I swear I here this quiet hiss all around the walls. I even tried to think about the training guide thing Grover taught me. But then I remember "Oh, we're in Tartarus." So I tried searching my bag for some water, and fortunately there was. I spilled some of it on Percy and he shot right up, and for the first time it seems like his hair was wet.
I told him we're still in Tartarus, and the weird hissing sound I kept hearing. But as I was telling him about our situation, the hissing got louder and I stopped talking. The hissing and whispering sounded familiar. Then I thought this, there is only one other person (or shall I say thing) that brought Percy and me here in the first place; Arachne.

Percy stood up quicker than I imagined, probably because of the water I spilled on him. But me on the the other hand, I can hardly turn my body towards him. He helped me up, but Arachne was getting closer way too fast. He got Riptide out and it glowed a brilliant celestial bronze light, and as I suspected Arachne still could be anywhere.
I heard her whispering, "Daughter of Athena, you may have tricked me with my own webs But in Tartarus you contain no power." With a sick hissing laugh. I heard Percy whispering in my ear, "We need to move fast." But I knew that without killing Arachne, we won't be going anywhere. Every second I can here Percy randomly swinging his sword, as if there were flies. But then all of sudden Arachne is in front of me, I should've known it was a distraction. I called out to Percy, only to see him caught in his own webs. I grabbed for the dagger that wasn't there, to see myself trip and fall by a stupid rock that I wasn't watching. Just as I see Arachne about lunge, her legs moving as quick as lightning. The light of Percy's sword turns off. I can hear Arachne wailing and swiping just as I move out of reach, using the rocks as my guide. I threw heavy rocks at an angle just as it hits her then, I move to the opposite side. I heard her trip over one rock when she thought I was there, then I kicked her in the abdomen of her spider-like body and she fell with a big thud. Right when she fell ,Percy turned on his celestial bronze sword, but instead of him hanging in webs on the ceiling I found him by a narrow crack in the stone. When I saw him turn on the light like it was just some light switch, I wanted to judo flip him again. But in the condition I was in, all I said was, "Come on and help me up, Seaweed Brain." But with small delight he walked over and carried me instead. We tried going through the narrow crack which was actually much wider inside. But even though I defeated Arachne, Percy and me are still not safe at all.


Percy:

With the water Annabeth spilled on my head I've been trying to feel energized, but with me hanging on the ceiling with no light, then carrying Annabeth in my arms isn't what you call "saving your energy." Right now it's kind of hard to feel that way, after falling off the Argo II and falling into Tartarus, waited to be Annabeth's mom's worst enemy's lunch doesn't help either. To include, Nico di Angelo (son of Hades) could hardly survive on his own down here. But, at least I still have the smartest (but hurt) Daughter of Athena; Annabeth Chase/my girlfriend. But out here in Tartarus, I'm afraid not even us two can defeat all these monsters. Especially the ones we killed one too many.

I eventually put Annabeth down, I couldn't hold her forever. But here in Tartarus, walking in general is hard. Next thing you know you enter some pothole "of endless death," or into a random brick wall. The air around us was cold, hard, and brittle. It reminded me of the Labyrinth But it is now destroyed, along with Daedalus. But unlike the Labyrinth each time I swallowed air it felt like it wanted to choke me. But oddly there was no monsters in sight, they'll probably be at some pep rally of Gaea. I also for some reason relaxed a bit, but after it seemed like hours since Annabeth fought Arachne. But while I thought it was Annabeth giving me lectures about why I shouldn't turn of the light on my sword, I thought I heard a huff. But I soon realized that Annabeth heard it to when she hushed me (although I didn't even talk). Then we heard it again, just louder and heavier. But in my head, I was like "yes, yes, yes, yes." But then a thought came up; could that be-- Slam! Something like a horn jabbed me in the chest. But why only one? Then I realized, who else did I tore a horn off... the Minotaur. Luckily Annabeth wasn't in my arms by the time he hit me, but she was on the other side of the room laying there not moving. But between us was a big, diaper wearing, one-horned, not so fuzzy Minotaur. I got Riptide out, ready to slice off his last horn. I charged with a battle cry that woke up Annabeth enough to see him crash into me. He breathed as hard as an engine. But I still tried to hold on, he backed up about to run over me like a herd of cows. But I easily moved to the side, got up and smacked him in the horn with the hilt of my sword. But it didn't do much but get him mad, under his breath I heard him say "You aren't getting my last horn this time." His anger made it easy to beat him, every time I charged I either jumped over him and smacked him with the hilt of my sword or dodge him easily, until he finally hit the wall. I waited for the the perfect moment, I went over to his laying body. I took my sword upon his horn, as if I were to hit a golf ball. Then, it came off like a slice of ham. But I had no intention in killing him, he was already in Tartarus. But on the other side I could see Annabeth on the ground moaning, and groaning. Her hair was a mess, she had a bunch of cuts and bruises, and to add a broken ankle. I put her onto a big nearby rock, I sat next to her holding the one, and last horn of the Minotaur. I wondered what she was thinking, I hope she was thinking of a plan of escape and strategy. But instead I find her head slumping on my shoulder sleeping wearily. I was thinking, if I am to die in Tartarus I wouldn't rather be with anyone else then Annabeth. But hopefully the others make it by the time we get here, because I don't think Annabeth can hold on any longer. If we close the Doors of Death, I hope when Gaea goes down she doesn't bring us with her.
But unknowingly I hear the Minotaur huff again, I look for another corridor out and I carry Annabeth once again to safety. Whatever happens I will not lose Annabeth again.

Annabeth:

I don't know if this is a dream or not, but I don't care. I'm at least with Percy.
I find myself on a hill, my back to a cavern looking wall. I see Percy at the bottom of the hill examining a pool of water, probably checking it out if we can drink it. I tried to move, to go over to him. But I know better than to move with a broken stilt, and a broken ankle. But I saw him nod at the water with an approving nod, he then put some in my water bottle with his magical water powers. A smirk ran across his face, then I smiled. After all that's happened he could still smile. But the scenery was a good enough start, as if they want us to enjoy these last moments together. Before I actually realized it Percy was already beside me, looking as if he's ready to have a picnic. Luckily I brought one of the plates from the Argo II that have endless food. So we ate.

But, all that delight I was thinking moments earlier changed. As if a chant, Percy and me saw a group of harpies making weird sounds. I wonder what they were there for. They ate too many kids after curfew? But we still hid. Percy and I hid behind a rock together. I accidentally put pressure on the wrong leg. But if I moved, our fate could be fatal if they were groupies of Gaea. We waited for them to pass by, but it was as if they were waiting for us. But the more I had to wait, the more pain spread around my whole leg down and up. I looked at them from a good distance, but they weren't looking at the rock we were behind. But something above us. But I was too late, by the time I saw what it was Percy was gone. It was a Cyclops, a big one too. Probably about 10 feet tall, and in his hand I could see Percy struggling, arms too stuck to get Riptide. I wanted to help him, but yet again I was useless. I wanted to yell at it to put him down, but he could probably just step on me. I felt a power of rage in me, I couldn't lose Percy again. Not after what's happened, I'm not letting Gaea take Percy away. So I stood up, even with pain throughout my leg. Percy looked at me with a warning look, but I ignored him. I looked in my bag for the sharpest objects, then just when he was about to eat him I stabbed them into his legs and climbed him. He wailed a bit, and he almost dropped Percy too. But I still kept going, I went close enough to Percy while the Cyclops started whacking his leg because of the pain. I took Riptide out of Percy's pocket and stabbed the Cyclops in the hand, I forced so much energy into this I felt a bit dizzy. But it seemed like time went by way too fast, I could feel myself falling. Then landing into a soft bush, I can see in the distance Percy has Riptide in his hand ready to jab at any time. He dodges, he stabs, he climbs and finishes him. But this time it didn't disintegrate, but it didn't matter because I didn't lose Percy this time. I could hear his running footsteps while I'm about to faint. I had over done it. But I feel a smile across my face as he checks on me, but after 2 seconds my smile fades. Percy is gone, taken away again by some other weird looking monster. I've never seen it before it looks blurry, but it grins at me evilly. I wanted to yell and scream at Gaea, but I can hear her laugh all around me. The ground seemed to shake, as I watched Percy get taken away. I wanted to make sure this was never supposed to happen, but in Tartarus we have no control. But I can't lose him again, but I was too tired that I was actually dreaming. Percy was saved, we saved Camp Half-Blood, Greece and Rome are friends again, my mom returns. But I just knew that I can't just dream it, because I have to do it. I'll let Gaea think she's winning, but when the time comes she'll feel the wrath of this Daughter of Athena; Annabeth Chase. Percy, I will get you back.

To Be Continued...

2 comments:

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...