Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

5000!

It's finally here! My post for 5000 views!

coffee

Critique of My First Post!
December 16, 2012

For years and years now, I have been in love with everything related to Percy Jackson and Rick Riordan. Recently my obsession has grown, as I have been checking Rick Riordan's Blog everyday, hoping to get new information. Now, not even that is enough! I have searched the web for a good Percy Jackson Fan blog, but was upset to see I couldn't find one! So, here I am now, ready to make my own good Percy Jackson Fan Blog!

I will try to post as often as possible, but seeing as I am a teenager, sadly, I will not be able to post everyday. For this reason, I am going to request from you, the reader, a partnership! If there is anyone out there, who like me, has been searching for a site like this, please email me at percyjacksonjunkers@gmail.com to discuss how you can help me, you, and everyone else!

Well this is it for this post, however, I will do another one real soon today, so I can talk about what got me into Percy Jackson in the first place!

Let's go sentence by sentence!
  1. "For years and years now, I have been in love with everything related to Percy Jackson and Rick Riordan." Yes, I was, and I still am! He's the man!
  2. "Recently my obsession has grown, as I have been checking Rick Riordan's Blog everyday, hoping to get new information." I still do! And guess what, he posts much less now than he did then :(
  3. "Now, not even that is enough! I have searched the web for a good Percy Jackson Fan blog, but was upset to see I couldn't find one!" I guess I didn't search hard enough, because I now know of not many, but a few stellar Blogs. But, if I did find those originally, you may not have had me :)
  4. "So, here I am now, ready to make my own good Percy Jackson Fan Blog!" Not good--amazing!
  5. "I will try to post as often as possible, but seeing as I am a teenager, sadly, I will not be able to post everyday." See guys, look how good I am -- I said I wasn't going to post every day, but I do!
  6. " For this reason, I am going to request from you, the reader, a partnership!" Seriously? This was my first day with my Blog and I was already trying to give part of it away? LOL!
  7. "If there is anyone out there, who like me, has been searching for a site like this, please email me at percyjacksonjunkers@gmail.com to discuss how you can help me, you, and everyone else!" Hmm...I wanted to give away some of my Blog? Okay... But while we're on that topic, I do go away for the summer, and will not be able to post. So, if anyone wants to run my Blog during the summer, contact me!
  8. "Well this is it for this post, however, I will do another one real soon today, so I can talk about what got me into Percy Jackson in the first place!" Did I really have to say it was my first post? Like...duh! :D

  9. percy jackson gifs photo: this is a pennnn tumblr_kxqfeesjo91qa5ezl.gif
Well, that's my critique of my first post. I'd love to hear yours! Please know that constructive (negative) criticism is not a bad thing. It helps!

My goal is to make my Blog feel as if it were your home! Your Percy Jackson home! That when your bored and need some more Percy, you know where to come.



Another Contest!
By popular demand, I am adding another contest!


Since no one gave me any ideas :/, I had to come up with my own. This contest is more for the "artistic" of you. The one thing my Blog doesn't have is a blog button, and I want one! My photoshop skills aren't great, and I'm not a great (okay let's be honest...I'm a terrible) artist! So, here are the rules!


Blog Button Contest
  1. It may be drawn (and scanned) or made by a computer program
  2. The width could not exceed 200 px (it should be close to there, though)
  3. It must not have a height too large that it looks bad (I'd prefer it be a greater width than height)
  4. It should represent my Blog in some way that can be easily identified
  5. It may depict movie or book scenes
  6. All entries should be emailed to me at percyjacksonjunkers@gmail.com by April 12 (4/12)
  7. Everyone may enter a maximum of 3 times
  8. Once submitted, an entry could only be changed (resubmitted) if I am notified within 3 days
  9. Amount of time entering/how fast you enter will not affect chances of winning
  10. It may not use copyrighted images without consent of the owner
The winner will receive the following:
  1. Their art will be featured on my site
  2. They will receive a post (by me) thanking them
  3. They will get to write their own post on my Blog
  4. They will get one other [reasonable] request
Please take into account the color/style of my Blog when making the button, because it will appear on my Blog!
Good Luck To All!




Q&A
Here are all the questions I got via comment and email, plus a few of my own!

Did you ever think that your Blog would get 5,000 views?
In simple terms, no! The day I reached 100 I was overjoyed. The day I reached 1,000 I almost cried. The day I reached 2,000 I did cry (JK). Then, I went from 2,000 to 3,000 in like 2 days (no joke). That was fun! Then, it took a while to get to 4,000, but I didn't get too happy, because I was looking forward to 5,000! Now, that that's here....well...words can't describe it!
How many posts do you have?
Including this post, to date, I have 85!
How many comments have you gotten?
Before this post, to date, I have 294! (this includes the few spam ones however, in addition to my own comments)
What grade are you in?
10th
Which one of your posts has the most views?
By Far..."The Son of Sobek!" It has 662 views [to date]! I think it's because when you search that on google, I'm one of the first to come up. When I posted that, it was the time I went from 2,000 - 3,000 views. Combined, my posts "The Son of Sobek!" "The Son of Sobek Review!" and "The Son of Sobek Text!" have over 1,000 views!
What is your favorite color?
Royal Blue...or gold! But I loved blue before Percy :)
What is your best subject in school?
Math...by far! Then Science, English, Spanish, and History. Not to brag, but I'm pretty smart :)
How do you come up with an idea to post every day?
Let me let you in on a little secret. If you really look at all my posts, not every one is about PJ. A lot are about me, or you guys, or something else. It creates the "illusion" that I'm posting every day but technically I'm not. Don't tell anybody though ;) Also, everyone has those days where they have writer's block and can't think of anything, but also have those days where you are so "in the zone," and have way too many ideas. What I do is take advantage of those days and write a few posts so I can use them on days I can't think of anything.
What are some of your hobbies [other than blogging]?
I play basketball and baseball...um...and I do normal teenage stuff...hang out with friends, and all that jazz!
Why do you like Rick Riordan's books?
Hmm...I'm not really sure...it's definitely not the writing style...not to be mean, but I think the way he writes is too childish (but I guess that's okay since they're meant for kids), so probably the topic...I love mythology, and he took a great mythology and put a modern-day twist on it, plus, every book ends in a RickHanger, so you've got to read the next!
If you could meet any author (or person in general) who would it be?
Author -- Probably JK Rowling
Person -- Probably Adam Sandler (=])...or Barack Obama (I'd like to have a conversation with the President...that'd be fun!)
Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter?
Camp Half-Blood
Do you have any siblings?
Yeah, I have a brother (older--not obsessed with Percy Jackson nor anything of the sort)
Do you talk to your friends about your Blogging?
No. None of my friends know that I'm obsessed with the series, nor that I have a Blog. I don't know, they don't need to know ;)
What Camp Half-Blood cabin would you be in?
I did a whole post on this before detailing why I would and would not like to be in each individual cabin. But, if I had to pick right now (not looking at what I said in that post), Hypnos
Do you have any pets?
Nope
What other books do you like to read?
Interesting question. You see, the truth is, I really do not like to read. Like I've said, if you give me a good book, I'll finish it that day, but I do not like to read for the reason that I do not like most books. My favorite series are [in no particular order] Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Rick Riordan), Heroes of Olympus (Rick Riordan), Harry Potter (JK Rowling), Legend (Marie Lu), and The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
How old are you?
15
Did you ever read The Hunger Games Trilogy?
Yep, as I said above, I read it and loved it! Can't wait for Catching Fire, the movie. I just hate how Mockingjay is being split into two movies! Like...that was [to me] the worst book! How can they make 2 movies out of that!?
What do you think the title of Heroes of Olympus Book 5 will be?
Haha! I did a whole post on this in the past...you've got to check it out! But, despite what I said in the past, it will most likely be something like, The Wrath of Gaea, or The Final Stand, or even something as simple as The Doors of Death! Whatever it is, I'm so excited to know about it!
What is your favorite movie-book adaption?
I always though Harry Potter was phenomenal, but the Hunger Games is just as great! One of those two!
What is your favorite PJ book?
I did a whole post on both my favorites and least favorites. Check it out! But, at the current point in time, The Battle of the Labyrinth!
Do you have any information on Rick Riordan's next series?
So weird to think that far in advance. 2015. I will be graduating! But yes, I am 99% sure that his Norse Mythology Series is finalized to come out that year. According to Goodreads at least. Plus, he keeps hinting at it on Twitter and his Blog. I don't know, Norse is definitely a mythology I am not too familiar with at all (Greek -- knew very well, Egyptian -- knew somewhat, Roman -- knew somewhat, but Norse -- there's Thor...and Loki!), so I don't know how it will turn out. But Rick does always seem to be excited about this series, so I'm excited too!
What is one thing you wish could have happened in the past?
I wish that I could have had Rick Riordan as a teacher! I mean seriously, he says that he names some characters after students...imagine it... James...son of Hypnos :)
Do you have a boyfriends who likes Percy Jackson?
I'm a boy...I'm straight...if you mean boyfriend as in friend that is a boy then maybe? Like I said above I don't talk to my friends about PJ so maybe...
Who do you dislike more, Piper or Hazel?
Hazel...I never said I don't like Piper :)
What do you like to do for fun?
Said this already. I play basketball and baseball, I hang out with friends...other normal teenager stuff :)
What fandoms do you belong to other than PJ?
I don't do posts, nor talk much about other fandoms, but if I was, it would be the books I said above (HP, PJ, HG, and Legend)
How much does PJ mean to you?
I mean, a lot? Would I die without it? No. Does it make me happy? Yes.
Are you a typical geek?
Thanks. Means a lot ;) I do get along with others (I have friends :/), I don't read a lot (like I said, I don't like reading), and I don't talk about PJ with anyone.
How much money would you give to have The House of Hades right now?
In reality....it'd kind of suck. I wouldn't be able to share my ideas with you guys because you would not have read it, and I'd have to wait a year and a half for Book 5. But, aside from that, maybe $250?
Who do you think would be your godly parent?
Hypnos :) Sleeping is fun!
What is your opinion on Twilight?
Never read it...never watched it...never will
Roman or Greek?
Greek
How's your family?
...well... I don't know what you want me to say! :D





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you all for reading! And thank you all for getting me to 5,000 views! Let's make it another 5,000 soon!

7 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about the twighlight question :D Congrats on getting 5,000 views! Awesome post, how long did it take to type all that out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a really fast typist (over 100 wpm), its the formatting thats annoying. But ive been working on it for a couple of days

      Delete
    2. OH MY FLIPPING GOODNESS. 100 WPM?! I can type like 60-75 and I thought I was fast! :o

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 5,000!
    And with my question answered I have an uncontrollable urge to say "Nyah Nyah I'm older than you."
    Yeah I'm not very mature...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm like you... I'm a geek but I have friends. xD But they're PJO fangirls too. I made them that way. :D (Friends... movies... camping... slow readers... forcing... miracles... randomness... yeah, all long stories.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for great information I was looking for this info for my
    mission.

    my site; Colon Cleanse Reviews; http://wayofcontemplation.com/activity/p/115485,

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...