Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Movie Cast!

As we all know (or at least should know), The Sea of Monsters is coming to theatres August 16 (this year). I wanted to take a moment to look over the cast from The Lightning Thief, and rate how well they "fit" the part (apperance wise)

Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman)
This (thank the gods) is one of the characters where you can say, "yeah, I did kind of imagine that." You could look at him and say, "yeah, that is Percy Jackson." One thing, however, that they definitely should have done is given him green contact lenses or something of that sort; Riordan made a big deal with the fact that Percy has green eyes, like his father. But overall, I'd give Logan Lerman an 8.5.

Annabeth Chase (Alexandra Daddario)
My first opinion: NO! What happened here? Alexandra Daddario does not even have blond hair! What in Athena's sake were the producers doing? Also, I don't know about you guys, but to me, Alexandra just has a too fierce of a look. She's just too intimidating. Yes, I can imagine that Annabeth gets like this at times, but I don't imagine it as her natural look. At least in The Sea of Monsters, she will have blond hair! Overall, I'd give Alexandra Daddario a 4.

Grover Underwood (Brandon T. Jackson)
Again, my first opinion of this: NO! However, as the movie progressed, I did begin to believe in Brandon more and more. He truly acted like Grover on the outside. But, he looked WAY too old to play Grover. I mean, yes, it did say he looked older than Percy in The Lightning Thief, but no...just no. Even Percy looks older than I had imagined, which made Grover, again, WAY too old. All in all however, I'd give Brandon T. Jackson a 6.5.

Chiron (Pierce Bronsan)
This one gives me a hard time. He looks okay to play the part. At times I think "NO," but at other times I think "YES!" So, I truly do have a hard time rating him. However, if I had to give him a number, I'd give him a 6.
Luke Castellan (Jake Abel)
Jake Abel was a pretty good at portraying Luke. However, one HUGE thing he needed was the scar. Like, again, seriously producers? Is it that hard to get some makeup on him? All in all, I'd give Jake Abel a 6.5.

Gabe Ugliano (Joe Pantoliano)
I was trying to stay away from the minor characters, but this one could not go unsaid. He was, in simple terms, amazing! I mean it was just a really good match. I'd give him a 9.

Clarisse La Rue (Oh Well No One)
I don't agree with this one. Well it is hard to agree. Seriously, not having anyone play Clarisse? She is a huge part of the book! I think Alexandra Daddario (Annabeth) would have portrayed Clarisse nicely. Thank the gods she will be in The Sea of Monsters because if she wasn't well...I'd give up. Well, I can't give it a 0 because truthfully if that had someone play her, it would probably suck, so I am forced to give her a 0.5.


I'm sorry I didn't do all of the characters (I could have, but I just don't have enough to say).
Thanks for Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is off topic of the cast and all, but could you create a section called "what could the prophecy of the house of hades be"contest. then everyone makes up a prophecy and you pick the one you like best, which that person could receive a prize! I know, totally random, but I hope you think this is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its the same great propecy. ive got the book

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...