Blogger Widgets

Friday, January 4, 2013

Calypso!

One of my favorite undeveloped characters in the Percy Jackson world was Calypso.

For those of you who are like "Who is he talking about??" here is a really brief description:
Remember when Percy was hit onto that random island during The Battle of the Labyrinth?  You know, when everyone thought he was dead...she gave Percy the flower to plant in Manhattan...the one that can only grow in the night...now you remember..? good!

If you are unaware, she is going to return at sometime in the Heroes of Olympus Series!  I don't have the link to where Rick Riordan said it on twitter, but I have where he copied it onto his blog:

Q: @ariamadronio Is Calypso gonna come back for Heroes of Olympus series?
A: MINOR SPOILER: yes, you will see her at some point.
 
 
Anyways, when do you guys feel she will return?
I think it will be Book 5
 
Do you guys think she will have a key/major role?
I have two opinions on this.  Either:
a) She will not play an extremely significant role, but will have something to do with Annabeth (whether it be Gaea using her or she fighting on the gods side)
b) She will help the seven to do something they need (have a significant role)
 
I don't know why, but I think Leo will kind of fall in love with her.  I think she may come back when they are closing the doors of death, and since I feel Hazel will be shutting them from the inside, maybe Leo will fall in love with Calypso for some reason!
 
Maybe, Calypso will close the doors of death!  Is this even possible?
 
Well, that's all...Thanks for Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Okay so I've been like wondering what would happen to her also... I think Gea will use her, like how she's been raising the dead, she's gonna let (Calypso?) out and force her to help her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shes already free

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she'll find Nico and Jason and all them lot and kind of force herself onto the quest to try and rescue Percy. Then I think she'll sacrifice herself and close the doors of death. She's a titan anyway so it'll be like going back to her family right? Besides I think she'll be more equipped to handle tarturus. I love Calypso, she's a great character from what little we've seen of her. Don't get me wrong I'm all Percabeth, but I sorta like the idea of Percy being in love with her once upon a time, y'know the whole 'my biggest what if' thing. I also like the idea of it now being one-sided, since Calypso is doomed to fall in love with the hero's, not to mention Percy freed her....I also believe Percy will beat himself up about her sacrifice....(You watch me be dead wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is in book 4 i have the book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who else totally ships Cleo?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...