Blogger Widgets

Friday, February 8, 2013

The Hermes Express!

I don't know what to talk about, so how about The Hermes Express.

The Hermes Express is the Olympian's equivalent of a mailing service. It has been mentioned three times (that I can recall) throughout the Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus Series.


The Lightning Thief: Percy uses the Hermes Overnight Express to send the head of Medusa back to Mount Olympus after he beheads her in the battle at Aunty Em's Gnome Emporium. Later, he finds the same package in his bedroom marked "Return to Sender," sent back by Poseidon.

The Sea of Monsters: Hermes mentions to Percy that the Overnight Express business is booming, and later Poseidon also uses the service to send Percy a letter of which Hermes delivered himself.

The Demigod Diaries (Percy Jackson and The Staff of Hermes): While Percy is celebrating his one month anniversary with Annabeth, a Hermes Express truck appears on the lawn in front of them. No one else in the area notices it except them and Hermes came out of the truck, asking Percy a favor to find his Caduceus so he could make his deliveries on time. Percy returned the staff and Hermes finishes his deliveries.

THANKS FOR READING!

10 comments:

  1. If I have have a messenger business, I'm going to name it this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comments inspire you?? (Sorry, I would've commented on your new post it's just that my stupid tablet wouldn't let me click the comment button)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I mean it in the way that you comment the most out of everybody. Your comments remind me that there is a reason that I'm posting; I actually have someone reading these things. =]

      Delete
    2. Oh...thanks so much! I just really like your blog, you have so many cool things to say :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks. And also, I hope you're planning on entering the contest! =}

      Delete
    4. I don't know yet...I'm not that great at writing fanfic but I can give it a shot

      Delete
    5. Please do! I need more submissions! :D

      Delete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...