Blogger Widgets

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sorry!

So sorry I didn't post yesterday! My computer wasn't working!

Anyways, someone (who wanted to remain anonymous) emailed me the question:
"Are you currently reading any books? If so what?"

Well, yes, I am currently reading a book series. I just finished the first book in the series yesterday, and I have to say, it is really good. Percy Jackson good? No. But it is good. Here is my description of the book.

Legend, By Marie Lu
This book is about a future United States. In this future, a revolution is occurring from the colonies (eastern US) towards the Republic (western US). Every kid, upon their tenth birthday takes a test called the trial. Their grade on the trial basically decides their future. A good grade will get them into a good college, and will get them a high-ranking job in the military. A bad grade, however, could result in poor education, and a poor future. The story is told from two different Points of View; Day, a kid who failed his trial, and decided to fight against what the Republic wanted becoming a rebel, and June, the only person ever to get a perfect 1500 on her trial, and was sent to college early. As the book progresses, more secrets are learned about the Republic.

I don't really know how to say anymore without spoiling it. However, I will say this: If you are a fan of the ever popular series, The Hunger Games, I would definitely recommend reading this book. It is an interesting turn of events, and truthfully does have a great ending. I recently started reading the second book in the series, Prodigy. These are the only two books, however their was a never before seen prequel added recently. This prequel, Life Before Legend is very short however.

I'd really recommend that all of you read this and tell me your thoughts afterwards.

3 comments:

  1. I've read Legend! I loved it. I'll have to get Prodigy ASAP.
    If you liked Legend you might also like Divergent, Matched and Glow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really into dystopian books. I've read a few, but they just don't call to me. Like, I've read the Hunger Games and Divergent, and I started Matched, but they're really not in my ballpark. However, this does look somewhat interesting... Maybe I'll check it out when I finish the seven books I'm reading at the moment. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh see I do like dystopian books, but you should read Legend. It's really good

      Delete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...