Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hazel Levesque (2)!

Here it is! The post you have all been waiting for! Why I Dislike Hazel Levesque!
Please note that this is only called "Hazel Levesque (2)!" because I did a post about Hazel a while back, where I talked about why I feel she is an important character.
 
Okay, so how should I do this?
 
  • Hazel has so many powers
I understand she is a daughter of the Big Three, but she has so many powers! Not only can she find and make metals deadly, she can also control everything underground, create and find tunnels, have flashbacks where she can see (and bring someone else to see) a moment of her past, be aware of what is going on in the underworld, enter and leave the underworld, but she can also ride Arion, a horse which only the best female warrior of all time could ride. Now, let's think about that last one: forget about whether you like or dislike Hazel, if someone asked you Who is the best female warrior in the PJ series? 9 out of 10 people would respond: Annabeth! So, why can't Annabeth ride Arion? Because Hazel just has to have all these powers.
  • Hazel is pretty mean to Frank 
Frank has known Hazel ever since she returned from the Underworld. They doe everything together, including guarding the entrance to New Rome. Frank developed a love interest for Hazel, and it is pretty clear that Hazel was developing one too. Not once did Hazel ever say anything about Sammy; I understand her "secret," but she could have said that she was getting over her boyfriend, or she had a boyfriend back home. She was being a complete tease to Frank. And it gets worse once Leo comes along. She stares at Leo, a boy she just met, just because he looks (and happens to be the grandson of) her ex-boyfriend. I can't comprehend her intentions there.
  • I just don't like her
Why did almost everyone (including me) hate Piper in The Lost Hero? Yes, you could say it is because she was drooling over Jason 24/7, but that's not all. Trust me, whether you know it or not, deep down, you hated Piper just because you hated her. Maybe it was the fact that there was another new female voice in the story besides Annabeth. Maybe it was the fact that she is a daughter of Aphrodite, and you just immediately thought of her as snobby. But, either way, you hated her not only because of Jason, but because of other reasons too. That is why I dislike Hazel; I just well...don't like her.

Now, I completely understand reasons people do like Hazel:
- She gave her life for her mother
- She gave her after-life for her mother
- She has an interesting story
- Etc.

And, I will answer all rebutles made to this post in a weeks time, just to give you all a chance to ask me your questions.

But just adding this in: When (I'm 90% sure it will happen) Hazel goes and is the one to close the Doors of Death from the inside, what will your feeling be? I, too, will be sad, but I will also be happy, as you should be: Hazel is going to be sent to Elysium.
However, there is always that chance the gods will be nice and get her out. We're just going to have to wait and see.

I hope you all respect my opinions, as I do yours!
Thanks for Reading!
 

5 comments:

  1. Okay, so first off, I will answer your question. I will weep if hazel dies again. I cried when she died the first time. I only disliked piper in the lost hero because she was drooling over Jason the whole book. I'll let you in on a little secret. I read the lost hero and the son of neptune before I read the percy jackson series. I know, I know, I'm a horrible person. I couldn't dislike her as a replacement for Annabeth because I had no clue who Annabeth was. But that's not imortant. I agree with you about hazel being mean but I personally think Leo was a whole lot meaner than she was. Leo just didn't get it, he was desparate for a girlfriend, he was mean to Frank because deep down, he feared him a little. Hazel was just trying to solve the mystery of who Sammy was. I wish we could've had the point of view of hazel so we knew exactly what she was thinking. Maybe, with a different view of the love triangle or whatever it was, we could've seen what hazel was thinking and not acuse her of being mean. I don't even know if Annabeth even likes horses. Percy's never said that, and Annabeth never brought it up in MoA. I don't see Annabeth riding arion. I'm sure if she tried she might be able to control him too, I don't know, hazel is the only one Arion gets along with. Anyways, before Annabeth came along, hazel was my favorite female character. And I've never met anyone who had anything bad to say about her. This was really interesting and cool to hear your opinion. Finally :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty interesting. I think one of the seven will die, and I honestly don't know which I will miss the least. I guess it would be Frank, Hazel, or Piper- but I don't hate any of them. Rick gave them a good 3D image.
    It should be Hazel who closes the doors of death, as you said, but it's a bit too straightforward for Rick. After all, she's the daughter of pluto. I think she'll just help, but she's not the one.
    I didn't hate piper, though I don't know exactly why. I find the romance and mary sue a bit annoying, but I don't hate her or dislike her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I just found this site and I just saw the name "Hazel" and clicked it because she's one of my fave characters in the series. Idk about any other posts you did, since I just found this, but that thing about Frank: Rick Riordan is trying to create a love triangle -type thing. And Hazel has just come from the dead. She's been thru so much for the youngest of the seven, I think it's excusable for her emotions to sort of run around a bit.Also, Frank's life is supposed to be bright and short. Hazel has come from the dead. They love eachother. They both are obviously gonna die at the end of the 5th book, with out Leo, and enter that Esylum place or whatever it's called

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, first off, Hazel can't make her gems and metals deadly. They just are, wether she wants them to be or not. She isn't mean to Frank, and she was never trying to tease him. She just wanted to forget anything about her old life, so she never said anything. And she wasn't sure about her feelings. She don't want to fall for him because she was afraid she would hurt him and have to leave, like she had to leave Sammy. She has come across Arion in her old life, if you pay attention to the books for once. Maybe that's why she can ride him. I don't know. But if you ask me, Hazel is the best female warrior. I mean, yes Annabeth helped defeat Kronos. But she was 16 then. Hazel is 13, and she just went on a quest to the forbidden lands. I'm sorry, but did Annabeth ever die or go to the forbidden lands when she was only 13? No. And Pluto is her father, the God of riches, that's why she can control metals and gems under the earth. She can't touch or summon ghosts or shadow travel like Nico can because she got one part of the deal and he got the other, again, it's explained in the books. I'm sure Nico could make tunnels if he tried. I don't hate Piper, but she's just my least favorite girl character in the 7.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I know this is your opinion, but I disagree. I love Hazel. But yes, I hate Piper. She is obsessed with Jason. She thinks she's a tomboy, yet she talks about love and dress altering. With the exception of Medea, she has only ever won a fight if the enemy is attracted to or jealous of her. She whines and complains so much more than other characters with a whole lot more right to. She irks me. I love all the heroes in Rick's books except for Piper. And in my opinion, Rick is a little too defensive of her for his own good, therefore she is even more of a Mary Sue

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...