Blogger Widgets

Friday, February 28, 2014

The Blood of Olympus POV's!

I recently got an email from Nidhi, one of you readers, asking me to do a post regarding POVs for The Blood of Olympus. The email came as follows:

Hey James! Can u Plz do an analysis on who will be the opening POV in
The Blood Of Olympus!!!

Well, I figured in addition to that, I'd make a post regarding everything I think will happen in regards to The Blood of Olympus POVs.

Firstly, I think it is obvious that all of the seven will have a POV. Rick did this in The House of Hades, and it would only make sense for him to do it in The Blood of Olympus. And I really like this, because, as I said before, he didn't have an order to it. In The House of Hades, the POVs weren't in any specific order, and that was great, as we got to see the action when we needed to without having to read through a meaningless POV.

Now, the real question is, will anyone else have a POV. And, as much as I hope I am wrong, I'm going to have to assume not. Seven POVs is a lot for a book, and I just don't think he can squeeze in any others..But if he gave us just a little Nico action, I wouldn't be complaining :D

Now, in regards to the actual question at hand in the email, it's difficult to assume who is going to be the opening...but we can make [educated] guesses. The real problem is, The House of Hades didn't end on a cliffhanger, in reality. The seven are traveling to Greece, and the three (Hedge, Nico, Reyna) are on their way to Camp Half-Blood. So really, anyone could be that first POV. One thing we could do is look at who had opening POV's in the other four books:

The Lost Hero: Jason
The Son of Neptune: Percy
The Mark of Athena: Annabeth
The House of Hades: Hazel

Actually, I never really noticed that before...all of the titles kind of link to who the first POV is (I wonder if that is a coincidence)..The Lost Hero could represent either Jason or Percy, and Jason gets the POV..The Son of Neptune obviously refers to Percy, and he gets the POV..The Mark of Athena refers to Annabeth and she gets the POV..and Hazel, being a daughter of Pluto/Hades gets the POV in The House of Hades.

So, I guess, one could play on that a little, and say the first POV in The Blood of Olympus will be someone who dies (one of the bloods of Olympus)..

However, I think the first POV will go to Leo..I'm not sure why, but I think he's going to be playing a major role in The Blood of Olympus (with Calypso and all), and I think he's going to start us off..I guess we'll have to wait and see (until probably when The Staff of Serapis e-book standalone comes out, as that's how we got The House of Hades preview with The Son of Sobek).

Thanks Nidhi!
Do you have a suggestion? Email it to me at percyjacksonjunkers@gmail.com or comment below!

PS: If you are looking for another Blog, check out The Multifandom Network!
This blog talks about the fandom news in places such as Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Shadowhunter Chronicles, Hunger Games, and more! Also, you can find various book reviews! This was started only in January, and needs some help taking off! Check it out!

19 comments:

  1. Nope. Jason got the first POV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard Nico gets a chapter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya Nico does get a POV I'm excited!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-)

      Delete
    2. I watched riordan's bok signing vid 2014, and he said there will be a chapter for nico, and one for reyna. I could be wrong, though, so don't get too excited

      Delete
  3. Leo will still be important though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Reyna has a POV too. . .
    Mixed feelings about that one. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was able to find good information from your content.


    Also visit my webpage :: cheats For kim kardashian hollywood

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really hope no one dies...the think is..i faintly remember tht rick said tht e wont be killing any one! ...so keep everything crossed! especially ur fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that Reyna is going to die I hope not!!!!!!!!!! :-(:-(:-(

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I hope he does and Leo survive :D

      Delete
    2. I hope he doesn't !!!! Jason needs more respect around here!!!!

      Delete
  8. It didn't say the seven was the one who would die
    It could have different meanings
    Maybe one of the seven made an oath and someone died because of it??
    It's probably like the past great prophecy
    Everyone thought Percy would die, but Luke did

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think leo dies cuz of his promise of going back to calypso i hope he doesnt hes my favorite character

      Delete
  9. Jason gets first pov according to staff of serepis and nico and reyna get a pov

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh im so excited. Umm hopefully leo finds calypso:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. i hope leo survives,and jason dies. i think jason is just a little bit stuck up. plus, leo is my favorite character and i hope he finds calypso.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...