Blogger Widgets

Friday, May 10, 2013

The Son of Sobek Review!

Warning! Contains The Son of Sobek Spoilers!

As Promised, here is my [spoiler included] review. Only read if you have already read The Son of Sobek and/or do not care about reading spoilers. 

Overall, I was a little disappointed with the book. I was just expecting a bit more.  I mean, don't get me wrong, it was really good, I guess it just couldn't live up to my expectation with it only being a 30 page book. 

The main problem I have is that it talked about things like the doors of death, but that doesn't make any sense.Wasn't the   book supposed to take place before The Lost Hero? Percy didn't even know anything about the doors of death then, just what happened in the prophecy, but he even said he thought it would be generations later. 

Also, he said things like Carter being a monster coming out of Tartarus through the doors, and he sure didn't know anything about that back then. 

Now, my other complaint: the ending! It was such a good ending, but it was a RickHanger! How could he do that!? He doesn't even know if he is going to write another book. 

Personally, I think it would be amazing if he turned it into a series, but the problem is, even if he did, he said it wouldn't be until after Norse! That's 6+ years down the road! I'll be in my 20's!

Anyways, those are my opinions, how about yours?

Thanks for Reading, and I will be doing a non-spoiler review later, hopefully by the end if this weekend, but no promises. 

4 comments:

  1. Well... at least we would still have Percy Jackson 6 years later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, all in all I was a little disapointed with it.
    My sister didn't finish it, because we were reading it in the store and we had to leave before she finished it. But when I told her about Carter giving Percy the magic "phone number" she said "Oh great, Percy's going to call Carter into Tarturus with him."
    But that won't happen because I don't think Rick would mix books like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be four years later, though? He should finish the 3rd (and final, he said it would be a trilogy) Norse book in 2017 if he sticks to schedule.

    But I was disappointed when it ended. I thought it would be longer! And as you said, I was confused about the Doors too. Maybe he made a little mistake? Or maybe we're just missing something? Hmm... Interesting. I really hope he writes more, though. He definitely left it open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think rick riordan should mix books quite yet. I think that would be an interesting plot for a seperate series, but idk how I would feel about Percy calling carter I to tarturus. I'll probably like it bc rick is a great author, but I would prefer him not to put carter into the House of Hades...it's not the right time for the series' to cross again...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...