Blogger Widgets

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Nico di Angelo!

I saw a post on percyjacksonfansunite.blogspot.com that talked a little bit about Nico and Percy's relationship. I found it really cool, and it got me thinking a little bit about it.

The post talked about how Percy and Nico are like a family, and I want to share my thoughts on this!

Now, we all know that clearly, Percy and Nico are biological cousins, but that is not really what is meant by the word family. When Percy met Nico, in The Titan's Curse, he was a strange, outcast, who only had his sister. Percy was there when Bianca went missing in "the land without rain," as the prophecy said she would. At that point, Percy became Nico's family. Percy has seen him struggle through bad and good.

For example, in The Battle of the Labyrinth, Nico was a traitor, of sorts. But Percy didn't see Nico as that. Percy saw Nico as the nice little boy he rescues; he saw Nico as the boy who asked him "Are you really good at surfing, then?"

Now, look at him. Nico was one of the only people who knew the secret about the two camps.

Nico has traveled through the deepest depths of the Underworld, and ever through Tartarus.

And finally, Nico made a promise to Percy. Nico promised Percy he would be waiting on the other side of Tartarus for them; he promised Percy he'd help him.

Just think about that. Percy's "little brother figure" developed into a very mature man. I truly think that Nico has shown the most change in regards to maturity and aging of all of the characters. Even more than Percy, who went from a confused ADHD school failure into the savior of Olympus.

Thanks for Reading, and keep in mind, these are my opinions: you are entitled to your own!

3 comments:

  1. I agree. It's like... D'awwww :) Nico CAN'T DIE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, if Nico or Percy stay in Tartarus to close the Doors of Death...Uncle Rick better watch out -.- (lol jk love you Uncle Rick! BUT PLEASE!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community.
    Your website offered us with valuable information to work on.
    You've performed an impressive job and our entire neighborhood might be thankful to
    you.

    Look into my page diy home improvement

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...