Blogger Widgets

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Book 1 vs. Book 1!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting too much, I really have been overloaded with work.

This is the reader-submitted post I was talking about; I got an email giving me the idea to compare The Lightning Thief to The Lost Hero, The Sea of Monsters to The Son of Poseidon, and so forth.

I'm going to just compare the first ones now, but if I think it works out well, I will do the other two.

Characters

In both books, we were introduced to three new main characters (Percy, Annabeth, and Grover, and Jason, Leo, and Piper). In both books, there was one character who had absolutely no idea what was going on for a while (Percy and Jason). In both books, there were two boys, and a girl. Yes, many of you are probably saying something like, "yeah, well, if you wanted to, you could say 'they all had eyes too,' but that doesn't prove anything." And yes, you are right, but I am trying to point out the similarities. Anyways, in both books, one of the three was a child of the Big Three. Also, in both books, one of the three ''did not belong'' (Grover's a Satyr, and Jason's a Roman)

Conflict

In both books, it was clear that this quest was the start of something bigger. A half-blood of the eldest gods... and ...the seven shall birth; it was clear that these were going to influence the Great Prophecies. Also, both books had a personal goal involved in the quest. Percy wanted to free his mother, while Jason wanted to figure out his identity. Then you have the obvious similarities of things such as both quests were led by the child of the Big 3, and so on.

I don't really know what other categories to throw in, so if you guys could comment what I should add, and if you liked it, it will help a ton. (If you tell me something to add, I will update this post and let you all know)

But, one other similarity that comes to my mind is that in both books, the main character (Percy and Jason) is being played by the gods. Percy was being accused of being the lightning thief, and Jason was part of Hera's plans to unite the camps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...