Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Challenges!

This is not the reader-submitted idea I was talking about yesterday. This is just something I have wanted to talk about!

Someone asked me why I didn't post about the 8 month challenge for The House of Hades. The answer is, because that seems like too long!

So, here are the challenges I am laying out for you guys:

1) 3 Week Challenge: Starting on April 16, you have one week to read each of the Kane Chronicle books in preparation for The Son of Sobek. I will remind you guys when the date comes closer.

2) 8 Week Challenge: Starting on August 13, you have one week to read each of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus Books in preparation for The House of Hades. Again, I will remind you guys before the date comes up.

This will not be the easiest thing, but it makes it more fun, and prevents "cheating." When you have one month to read each book, you tend to start at the end of the month, and sometimes carry over into the next. This way, we will be right there, and will have a fresh mindset for these books when they come out.

Do realize that in each scenario, you will be finishing the last book (The Serpent's Shadow, and The Mark of Athena) the same day the next book comes out (The Son of Sobek, and The House of Hades)

I will be trying my hardest to succeed in each of these challenges. I would love, when they start, for you guys to all comment, telling me your progress.

I'm thinking that I may do a review/summary of each book after finishing. This will not only give me something to post about, but will also help to refresh the minds of those not participating in the challenge. Because if you guys are anything like me, you do not remember much about The Red Pyramid, and the other books, besides the general plot.

Hopefully I will have a chance to post the reader-submitted idea tomorrow, but again, no promises.

Thank you for Reading!

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun. I am definitely going to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm looking to start my own
    blog soon but I'm having a difficult time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.
    P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!

    my site ... amazon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might do the last one. :) (I've read the whole first series in a week before.)
    I have not read any of the Kane books, so maybe this would be a good time to start, if my library has them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kane chronicles are awesome! That's how I first became hooked on Riordan's writing.

      Delete
    2. I just checked out The Red Pyramid from the library and will start it tomorrow, but since my library doesn't own the second one it will take me longer than a week to finish the series. :)

      Delete
  4. I dont own the last three books of the percy jackson and the olympians series...I got them from the library. :/ I'll have to take them out again but sure! I'll try to do the contest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister owns the whole first series and you can tell that we've read them dozens of times. The first four are in paperback and the spines are coming off.
      And there are bite marks on cover of The Sea of Monsters from a friends cat . .. evil cat.

      Delete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...