Blogger Widgets

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Reyna

Reyna is another character whom I feel has a key role to play in the story.  First, some fast facts about Reyna! Reyna is:
  1. a daughter of Bellona
  2. a praetor of Camp Jupiter
  3. a sister of Hylla

Okay, now you remember who Reyna is? Good! 

Here is a key point in The Mark of Athena: The crew of the Argo II are attacked by the Roman Legion at Fort Sumter. While Annabeth manages to grab a map at the base, she is confronted by Reyna and her two dogs. Reyna tells Annabeth to come back to Camp Jupiter for trial, where she will be executed painfully, but her death could allow some kind of peace and would be better than the alternative. When Annabeth refuses, Reyna explains that she can no longer stop Octavian and that if Annabeth won't stand trial, Octavian will turn his attention on Camp Half-Blood instead. 

My opinion is that later in the story, Reyna will face a choice: whether or not to kill Percy.  Why do I believe it's Percy, you may ask.  My reasoning is that Percy developed an interesting connection with Reyna.  They don't really like each other, but don't nearly hate each other.  Their connection was brought up mainly by their hate for Octavian.  So, what will happen if Percy is confronted by Octavian and Reyna together?  What will Reyna do?

I also feel that the same kind of scenario may happen between Jason and Reyna.  Reyna loves Jason, but knows Jason has a thing for Piper.  What would Reyna do then?

I don't really know if I like Reyna...haha.  She's a, well how do I say this... interesting character.  Well, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...