Blogger Widgets

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Other Books!

First, let me just say, I'm sorry I haven't been posting, I don't really have an excuse...I guess I'm just starting to run out of ideas....if you have any, please, leave a comment or email me (percyjacksonjunkers@gmail.com)!

Anyways, I received a couple of emails recently (from readers) with things like, "I love Percy Jackson, but I just can't find anything else to read. All other books suck!" So, I feel like I should give some recommendations.

First, let me start off by saying that I hate reading unless it is a book that I will like. So, here goes.

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
(The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
Now, I'm sure most of you know about The Hunger Games, and have probably read all three books, but if you haven't, you really should! Plus, unlike most books, the movies are phenomenal. I just saw Catching Fire, and I was amazed!

Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
(Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant)
Again, a very popular book series. The final book, Allegiant, came out recently, and it was a great ending to the trilogy. If you aren't an experienced book reader, you may not know that The Hunger Games is a dystopian novel. Basically, that is a newly rising genre of books, and I love it. The Divergent Trilogy is another great example of this genre! Plus, Divergent is set to hit theaters in March!

Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu
(Legend, Prodigy, Champion)
From what I've seen, this is a much less well-known series. Again, this is a perfect example of dystopian, and Marie Lu does a great job of portraying it. Champion, the final book, came out recently, and it is sitting on my desk, waiting for me to read it. I just can't find the time! Anyways, if you have the time, these books are a great read, and I'm pretty sure Legend is going to be made into a film!

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
(The Sorcerer's Stone, The Chamber of Secrets, The Prisoner of Azkaban, The Goblet of Fire, The Order of the Phoenix, The Half-Blood Prince, The Deathly Hallows)
These books need no introduction, what-so-ever. You are one of three people. Either, you've seen the movies, and read the books (good for you!), you've seen the movies and haven't read the books (you have no idea what your missing), or you've either seen the movies and hated them, or never even bothered to see them (what is wrong with you!?). But, if you're one of those people who've seen the movies, but haven't read the books, please read them! It will make you incredibly happy, and it will give you seven more books to add to your list!

Anyways, that's four series that everyone should at least try. I've been trying to get myself to read the Artemis Fowl series, but just can't find the time (I heard it's great!) 

Another thing, people have asked me to do a stats post. I'd love to, but I think I'm going to wait until my blog has been around for a full year (coming up next month!) so I/we can see the progression I've made!

Finally, for all of you Americans (like me!), take some time to think about everything your thankful for. I know that all of you guys are going to be included on my metaphorical list!


THANKS FOR READING!

6 comments:

  1. I'm reading Allegiant right now, I'm about halfway through it.
    I didn't even know Champion existed. I must go to the library and order it as soon as I can.
    Besides that I've read all the other books and their all really good!
    I've done some book suggestions on my blog before so anyone who's looking for more can see if they can find those old posts at percyjacksonfansunite.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all of them! And they all broke me. Especially Allegiant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Para você que já leu "O Herói Perdido", confira a resenha:
    http://world-book-4you.blogspot.com.br/2013/12/o-heroi-perdido-rick-riordan-resenha_2.html

    Se gostar do blog curti e comenta ;)
    Bjos
    Muito obg pela atenção

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hey, I was just wondering, how long do you normally keep your contests open for? I'm going to be starting mine soon and I'm not sure how long to keep it open for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should do a post as if you were writing the Blood of Olympus and what type of things you would throw in there?? IDk just a guess

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...