Blogger Widgets

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Deaths!

Beautiful title, isn't it?

Anyways, if you read my review of The House of Hades, you'll have gotten a glimpse as to what I am going to talk about. If you haven't, well you should....CLICK HERE...

Okay, well first, this is probably going to contain The House of Hades spoilers - you should have finished the book already - if you did, you have nothing to worry about - if you haven't, why are you reading this? Go finish the book already!

Anyway, I know that some (well, maybe a lot) of you are going to completely disagree with me, but in my opinion, the worst part of HoH was that there were no major deaths. Everyone, including Rick himself, was debating who would be the one to close the doors of death - who would be the one to stay behind - who would be the one to throw down the ultimate sacrifice. But this didn't happen.

Yes, I like that the 7 can live happily ever after (for now at least), but, seriously Rick, come to reality (or at least as real as a book about Greeco-Roman Mythology could be)! In my opinion, there is only one way to make up for this crucial mistake: someone has to die in The Blood of Olympus! There's no other way to get around it. Now, let's assume that this is going to happen, and that someone is going to die in BoO.

Who will it be?

I could spend the time going through all of the characters, but none of my reasoning is true, necessarily. One thing I want to point out is that basically every "greater-being" in the books has said that Percy's fatal flaw (too loyal to friends) will doom him, and that still hasn't been put into effect (unless it is that he went into Tartarus, but I don't think that's it). So, maybe...but probably not.

Now, another question arises: What will happen to the heroes who succeed (yes, I'm assuming the cliche ending that the good guys win)? Will they be offered a gift from the gods, as Percy was after The Last Olympian? If so, who will claim godhood?

Anyways, please leave comments if you have any!

Thanks for Reading!

4 comments:

  1. I was prepared for deaths left and right in HoH so I was disappointed by the lack of death. Now I'm prepared for multiple deaths in BoO.
    I really hope that Rick Riordan wouldn't kill Percy, at least not permanently.
    I can't think of a single author that has killed off their main character permanently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * MAJOR SPOILER WARNING FOR ALLEGIANT*

      Then, behold! The heartlessness of Veronica Roth... *sob*

      Delete
    2. Yes, that is the same thing I was thinking, but I chose not to comment it, as I didn't want to spoil it ;) - but if someone else does it, I don't look as bad :D - anyways, yeah - SPOILER ALERT - If you are a fan of the ever popular Divergent series, you will know that there are authors who will do that

      Delete
  2. I love PJ and HoH. Tooooo coool

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...