Blogger Widgets

Friday, October 10, 2014

Blood Of Olympus - Quick Book Review

Recently on 10/7/14, The Blood Of Olympus was released.  Today as my official second post as the owner of this blog, I decided I would write my personal review on the most recent and final Percy Jackson book, The Blood Of Olympus.


Please be aware that there might be spoilers so if you haven't read it yet, be careful of what you read.

Anyway, First off, I personally was disappointed to hear that there would be no Percy/Annabeth POV's.  This made me feel just wrong while reading the book.  We've never gone without a Percy Jackson And The Olympian's book or a Hero's Of Olympus book without a Percy/Annabeth POV.  I feel as though Riordan got to caught up with writing the Nico and Reyna chapters that he forgot about Percy and Annabeth.  I kind of even forgot that they were still there sometimes.  They felt like side characters, and with this I was very disappointed.

Second, I believe that the ending of The Blood Of Olympus was very close to my imagination of perfect.  Of course it would have been better with a Percabeth ending, but a certain favorite author of mine forgot a certain POV... but yeah.  I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't read it yet, but the ending was very cute, it almost seemed poetic.

Unfortunately, that's all for now.  I'm going to update this post a little more in the future, but I'm really tired for tonight.  I've spent most of the day trying to fix some of the problems you guys have been saying in the comments, so just be aware that I'm always aware of every comment.

Thanks guys, see you next time.  Bye!

-M

12 comments:

  1. I was too disappointed when I saw that there is no POV of Percy or Annabeth. And I truly agree that the ending should have ben with Percy's POV. He is our hero after all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! :) I agree with you on the lack of Percabeth.

    *SPOILERY*

    But I felt a bit underwhelmed with the ending, especially as it has been building for 5 books but Gaia is defeated before she even does anything which I found bizarre, especially considering she's caused more mischief and damage while asleep. Some more of my thoughts are in my review if you would be so kind to have a look at. :)

    http://rwh92.wordpress.com/2014/10/09/bloody-brilliant/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you there, M. I was really upset seeing no Percy or Annabeth POV. Don't you guys think Jason is made to be a bit tooo perfect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously.... Jason...too perfect...maybe just because he is the son of ZEUS.... Big deal!!

      Delete
    2. Seriously.... Jason...too perfect...maybe just because he is the son of ZEUS.... Big deal!!

      Delete
  4. Too disappointed with the ending.... Like Gaia was killed so easily....just with the help of 3 demigods.... Not acceptable!

    While it took gods and demigods both to kill all the Giants....Gaia was killed too easily...

    Also how were they able to separate Gaia from her turf..ie..EARTH! While the Lord Ouranos was killed by Titans...who were obviously much more powerful than the demigods.... But Gaia...nope!!!

    Also at one part while fighting with the Giants.... It said that Percy had kinda lost his sword...but in reality Riptide appeared in the owners hand magically....

    Start was too great and intresting....but at the end...was like...Rick Riordan was in a hurry to finish the book...*no offence!

    Wouldn't had mattered if few more pages were added...that's what I think...

    But...whatsoever.... I loved the book....damn good....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    I agree with you- I wish there were POVs from percy and annabeth. Also, frank and hazel. They just kind of faded into the background. On a side note, I've started a blog and reviewed the blood of olympus, so could you please take a loom and leave a comment? It's alizehyahya.blogspot.ae

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last book needed more PERCABETH... not Jason and piper. I personally dislike Jason. He's so overrated, so is Zeus. Poseidon and Hades FTW! (And seriously, Nico and Will?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frankly Speakimg I was Stunned by the level of dissappointment I experienced after reading this book. I agree with most of the comments left. Not ENOUGH OF PERCY.
    I mean if he is meant to be the "Glue that holds the seven together".
    How come he was so unimportant in BOO. I belive Blood of Olympus is the WORST book of the entire series. and the only reason why i read the book in the first place was because i envisaged ii as and End to the entire Legend of Perceus Jackson. But its was just and End to the story started in the Lost Hero. The first book of the series and my second worst Riordan book.
    In summarry The Blood Of Olympus desrves its initials......BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i completely agree with everybody who said that BOO was an absolute terrible ending to this mind blowing and Kick- ass series of Percy Jackson. Percy and Annabeth were there from the very beginning of this amazing adventure which i never stopped reading over and over again till BOO came out. this book had all the characters that didn't matter at all compared to Percy and Annabeth. Those characters didn't save the world as much and as completely sick and Freakin awesome as Percy did. It's like Rick Riordan completely forgot about amazing Percy and Annabeth were and just thought they were sidekicks. And the defeat of Gaea's death was way to quick and the rest of the story was mostly nonsense. No offense Rick Riordan, my favorite author now and forever, but what were you thinking writing down words that created the mos terrible and pathetic ending to an amazing Legacy, that had people counting down the days for an entire year till they could read it.
    P.S. i spent 20 bucks on that pathetic ending

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...