Blogger Widgets

Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Staff of Serapis Review!

First off, this will not contain any major spoilers for The Staff of Serapis..the book is only so big, there's not much to talk about anyways.

Now, I'd like to start off by saying that I enjoyed the book, probably more so than I did The Son of Sobek. It had a clear plot line, and as with all of Riordan's books had a clear cliffhanger. He left room for their to be another sequel to this book, which is great!

I think Annabeth and Sadie connected well. They are a good duo in my opinion. But there is one thing in this book that I couldn't get past, and couldn't understand.

When was it taking place? It stated that it was weeks after the events of The Son of Sobek, and I believe The Son of Sobek took place after The Last Olympian, but that makes no sense. There are clear references to events that occurred during The Heroes of Olympus series, such as

  • Battling the giants (plot of The Heroes of Olympus)
  • Battling Chaos (The House of Hades)
  • People turning into animals (Frank, The Heroes of Olympus)
  • Specific quotes from Frank (The Lost Hero)
  • Yankee hat not working (The Lost Hero)
  • Argo II (The Heroes of Olympus)
It just doesn't make sense time-wise, and I got really annoyed by that. Anyways, if you haven't read it yet, don't worry, and if you have to, you can wait until May. It's nothing spectacular.

Thanks for Reading!

3 comments:

  1. I think The Son of Sobek actually occurs after The Heroes of Olympus, but he purposely wrote it so that its place in the timeline was vague. I think you somehow placed it after The Last Olympian because there are references to Chronos' army, but it is not unreasonable to believe some of them are around even years after their defeat. If you place Son of Sobek after The Heroes of Olympus, the timeline problem becomes a non-issue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read somewhere that it was after The Last Olympian, but I may be forgetting

      I never thought about that, though. If it did occur after The Heroes of Olympus, I guess it would work... But Rick would never say it was after, because then he'd be confirming that Percy and Annabeth live through The Blood of Olympus.. But that's something interesting to think of, thanks!

      Delete
  2. Aw, this was a really good post. Spending some time and
    actual effort to make a superb article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and
    don't seem to get nearly anything done.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post - police auto auctions

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback. If you leave a question, I will answer you by responding to your comment as soon as possible (please come back to check) - if it is a comment, and I find it worthy, it will be featured on my Blog. Either way, I love to hear from you guys, so please say whatever you want to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...